Monday, September 21, 2015

Fall TV 2015: Taking a chance on ‘Blindspot,’ ‘The Muppets’

After reading plot synopses and critics’ reviews and watching online preview videos, I’ve selected the new shows I plan to sample this fall.
Some shows might not last more than one episode on my watch list. In previous years, I’ve dumped such shows as “Hawaii Five-0” and “The Blacklist” after watching just the first episode.
The broadcast network shows I’m interested in checking out are “Blindspot” (NBC) and “The Muppets” (ABC).
“Blindspot” looks like a derivative mashup of “The Bourne Identity,” “Prison Break” and “The Blacklist.” But I’ll give it a chance because Jaimie Alexander is hot and the show promises good action and mystery.
“The Muppets” puts Kermit, Miss Piggy and friends into an office comedy like “30 Rock” and “The Office.” The extended trailer was very funny.
I also plan to check out “Man in the High Castle” and “Red Oaks” on Amazon.com Instant Video.
As a comic book fan, I’ll watch “Marvel’s Jessica Jones” on Netflix. Of the many original series Netflix has put out so far, only “Marvel’s Daredevil” has captured my attention.
Among returning shows, “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” (ABC), “iZombie” (CW), “Supernatural” (CW), “The Walking Dead” (AMC) and “Gold Rush” (Discovery) are definitely on my watch list. At least to start the season. After that, who knows?


No comments: