Friday, January 20, 2017

Celebrities who vowed to leave the country before a Trump presidency

President Donald Trump was inaugurated today and already election-season promises are being broken.
Specifically, over two dozen celebrities said they would leave the country if Trump became president. Of course, none of them are leaving now.
These celebrities made their idle threats in the hope that the general public might be swayed by their convictions. But no one cares what self-important liberal celebrities think. This election proved that once and for all.
What follows are some choice quotes from cheap-talking celebrities who have gone back on their word to flee the country before a Trump presidency.

Samuel L. Jackson: “If that motherf*cker becomes president, I’m moving my black ass to South Africa.”

Bryan Cranston: “Absolutely. I would definitely move.”

George Lopez: “If he wins, he won’t have to worry about immigration, we’ll all go back.”

Raven Symone: “My confession for this election is if any Republican gets nominated, I’m going to move to Canada with my entire family. I already have my ticket.”

Amy Schumer: “I will need to learn to speak Spanish because I will move to Spain or somewhere.”

Amber Rose: “I can’t even think about it! I’m moving, I’m out! I can’t. And I am taking my son with me!”

Lena Dunham: “I know a lot of people have been threatening to do this (move if Trump is elected), but I really will.”

Omari Hardwick: “I’ll move from Denver to Italy … If Donald Trump wins the presidency, I’m out.”

Barbra Streisand: “I’m either coming to your country (Australia), if you’ll let me in, or Canada.”

Ne Yo: “I’m moving to Canada straight away. Me and Drake gonna be neighbors if Donald Trump becomes president.”

Ali Wentworth: “If Trump wins, we’ll start looking at real estate in Sydney, Australia. No crime, no guns.”

Miley Cyrus: “I am moving if this is my president! I don’t say things I don’t mean!”

Eddie Griffin: “If Trump wins, I’m moving to Africa.”

Neve Campbell: “I’d move to Canada.”

Kanye West: “We’ve got enough money to buy our own island or some shit. I’ll be damned if I raise my daughter around ignorance and flat-out blatant racism.”

Chelsea Handler: “I did buy a house in another country just in case, so all of these people that threaten to leave the country and then don’t, I will leave the country.”

Related articles:

Celebrities Getting Cold Feet About Leaving the U.S. After Trump’s Victory (Fox News)

20 Stars Who Pledged to Flee the Country If Trump Was Elected: Where Are They Now? (The Hollywood Reporter)

Canadians lash out at celebrities threatening to move to their country after Trump win (Daily Mail)

Celebs moving if Donald Trump wins (CNN)

If Donald Trump Wins Presidency, These 18 Celebrities Will Leave US: Will Canada Be Their New Home? (International Business Times)

Celebrities Threatening to Move to Canada if Donald Trump Wins (Heavy)

These 23 Celebrities Say They’ll Leave The Country If Trump Is Elected (Frank151)

16 Celebrities Who Will Leave the U.S. if Trump Wins (Breitbart)


No comments: