Wednesday, April 7, 2010

‘FlashForward’, ‘V’ on the bubble


I have a knack for picking shows to watch that end up getting cancelled after a season or two.
This is mostly because of my taste in eclectic and sci-fi/horror/fantasy shows. Also I tend to watch broadcast networks, which don’t have the financial resources anymore to support unusual, lower-rated programming.
ABC’s “FlashForward” and “V” are two freshmen shows I like that are in danger of cancellation. Both are flawed, but entertaining nonetheless.
A couple of weeks ago, Walt Disney Co. canceled the excellent syndicated movie review program “At the Movies” during its first year with new hosts Michael Phillips and A.O. Scott.
With ABC’s “Lost” ending this season, I’ll have more time to watch all the movies on my Netflix list.
One surprise was the CW’s renewal of “Supernatural” for a sixth season. I love the show, but it’s building up to a series finale this season with the apocalypse and war between heaven and hell. I’m not sure another season can top that. Sounds like a pure business decision to renew it.
The only remaining show on my must-see list is the CW’s “The Vampire Diaries,” which has matured into a terrific show.

No comments: