Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ke$ha: Not the greatest role model

My 4-year-old daughter likes to prance around the house singing pop songs. Recently she’s been singing lines from “Tik Tok” by Ke$ha.
It’s odd to hear a preschooler sing a line like “I … brush my teeth with a bottle of Jack. ’Cause when I leave for the night, I ain’t coming back.”
Yeah, it’s a little disturbing to hear a youngster sing about brushing her teeth with whiskey. But hey, whatever it takes to instill good dental hygiene, right?
But seriously, Ke$ha is just the latest in a long line of young tramp singers acting rebellious to sell records. That’s her cultivated image, her shtick. And after so many other bad girl singers, it’s frankly pretty uninteresting.
Ke$ha or Kesha is the stage name of Kesha Rose Sebert, 22, according to Wikipedia.

Related links:

Her official webpage
Her MySpace page
Her YouTube channel

No comments: