Friday, December 25, 2009

Best and worst Christmas movies

I’ve come across several lists of good and bad Christmas movies in recent weeks that I thought I’d share. The Huffington Post did a list of the 10 funniest Christmas movies of all time. I agree with some – “A Christmas Story” (1983), “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” (1989), “Scrooged” (1988) and “Trading Places” (1983). But I hated “Bad Santa” (2003). I haven’t seen “The Ref” (1994), but will add it to my Netflix list. AOL’s Moviefone ran a list of what it considers the 15 worst Christmas movies ever. I’ve avoided all but one on the list and that movie I actually liked – “Jingle All the Way” (1996) starring Arnold Schwarzenegger. Go figure. Moviefone also did a list of the top 25 best Christmas movies of all time. I’m glad they included “Love Actually” (2003) and thought “Die Hard” (1988) and “Gremlins” (1984) were interesting choices. But I have to strongly protest the inclusion of “Bad Santa.” It also included “Christmas in Connecticut” (1942), which I watched recently and thought wasn’t so hot.

No comments: