Sunday, September 20, 2009

Logical, primal sides of my brain debate whether my Twitter followers are real


I don't care if they're fake; I like the idea of having gorgeous women as "followers" on Twitter.
The logical side of my brain says, "They're just stock photos of beautiful women used by marketers who are setting up spam accounts on Twitter." The photos are used to get people like me interested enough to check out their account info and maybe click on a Web link.
The primal side of my brain likes the idea of hot chicks checking out my tweets.
For instance, Tara Law (top) probably likes my tweets about copyright law, fringe sports and children's television. I'm sure she checks them out while posting tweets about teeth whitening products and making money on the Internet.
Or how about AnnaBella Western (bottom)? She probably enjoys my tweets about the failed promise of digital content and fall TV previews. She likely reads them while posting tweets about ... teeth whitening products and making money on the Internet.

Logical side of brain: These "women" about probably just guys managing thousands of spam accounts from their apartments.

Primal side of brain: I wonder if I could gather up my followers like "Charlie's Angels" or the Playboy Mansion.

Logical side: You're an idiot.

No comments: